Sunday, April 22, 2007

Emotional Intelligence Assessment

My subscale IQ score was 113 and my subscale percentile was 82. This is supposedly an emotional intelligence average. It explains that people within this range accept their ability to understand and deal with emotions, but do feel as if there is room for improvement. The more emotionally intelligent you are, the better you are able to deal with difficulties in life and move past them. It is also easier to obtain and pursue goals as well as overcome obstacles. Social interactions are seen as fulfilling and it is easier to get close with others. They do not have a problem with intimacy. They are able to empathize and are more likely to offer support to others in need.

I somewhat believe that I am emotionally intelligent. I do not mind intimacy, in fact, I crave it from others. But I do not feel like I connect with people easily. I have trust issues and therefore put up a wall and do not let a lot of people in. Maybe my answers were more ideal then realistic. It was fun taking the test though and I learned a lot about myself.

No comments: